Monday, January 25, 2010

TGI Fridays, New Tampa, FL

Date: 01/23/2010
Time: Lunch
Type: Restaurant/Bar
Where: 18001 Highwoods Preserve, Tampa, FL
Party: 1 Male, 1 Female

Immediate Impression:
I really don't want to be here! I wanted KFC Grilled Chicken, but for some reason, all the fast-foodie type places in New Tampa close at 9PM on SATURDAY night! The patio was packed with young adults (18-24). The bar was empty, but for some reason the 8 people in there still made it loud.

Service:
Our bartenders were really funny and really attentive. They were able to make good suggestions and kept us in the loop about recent specials.

Menu/Food:
A little bit for everyone, they are currently running a 3 course meal for $12.99, which I went for easily. I ordered the Classic Wedge Salad (which was edible), the chicken bruschetta pasta - which honestly is a really easy, lazy dish for a restaurant, and for some reason my pasta was burnt, and the Brownie Explosion hold the Pecans - this was the most fantastic part of dinner.

My guest ordered the Jack Daniels Sirloin with Mashed Potatoes and broccoli. The steak was over-cooked but the Mashed Potatoes and broccoli were really good.

Something in my meal made me sick - really sick - I am assuming it was the chicken on my pasta, BEWARE!

Price:
Reasonable for a chain restaurant

Final thought:
Not bad, but I would try to spend less, if I ever go again. Maybe just appetizer and dessert. I would rank this like a Chili's, especially if there are really no other late night options, but, I still would have preferred KFC!

No comments:

Post a Comment