Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cody's Roadhouse Grill, Largo, FL

Date: 01/07/09
Time: Evening
Type: Restaurant - family
Where: West Bay Drive, Largo, fl
Party: 2pp (1 male & 1 female)

Immediate Impression:
Definitely a family place, very laid back, the diningroom was loud (children, clanking, poor acoustics) but the bar area wasn't as bad. I, or course, could do without all the peanuts all over the place - I really hate taking benedryl before I enter a place. Oh, note on that, they should probably put a sign on the outside of the establishment making people aware of this.

Service:
We were seated promptly, our server Dan immediately came to the table. It was his first day, so I will cut him some slack. Overall, his service was good and he was friendly.

Menu/Food:
Standard Steak/Rib/Chicken joint. I started my meal with a cup of chicken soup (soup of the day), which was REALLY salty, my guest had a cup of Baked Potato Soup - this is their standard soup, very hardy, definitely not good if your on a diet of any kind! I ordered the Baked Chicken with Sweet Potato butter on the side, guest ordered 1/2 Rack of baby back ribs and a baked potato. Now the best part of a Cody's meal is the Endless Salad, drench in their house dressing. I am sure the dressing killed my diet but it is SOOOOOOOO good! After my third plate full, the entrees finally arrived. Honestly, my chicken was cooked to perfection and the sweet potato was fabulous. The chicken fell off the bone with only a slight pull with my fork, it was juicy, moist and seasoned just right. And...it was plentiful! I finished my sweet potato and took home half the chicken. I am unable to comment on the ribs because I didn't try them and received no feedback from my guest.


Price:
You can get some great deals at Cody's depending on which day you go. Thursday was Sirlion Steak night for $11.99, but I didn't feel like steak. The have 2 for 1 fajita night on Wednesday and I think Kids eat free on Monday or Tuesday. Overall the pricing is ballpark for a family restaurant


Final thought:
This is a good family place and a solid go to place for when you can't decide where to go. Personally, I would stay away from it on Kids eat free night, but that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment