Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Central Grocery, French Qtr, New Orleans, LA

Date: 01/15/2010
Time: Early Afternoon (yes, 2 hours after Cafe Du Monde)
Type: Deli
Where: 923 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA
Party: 2 Girls, 1 Guy

Immediate Impression:
My god, it smells fantastic in here! What a neat little place, suddenly I want to eat again.

Service:
Great, fast, courteous and funny! They know how to move their line along.

Menu/Food:
They have other dishes but we went there for their World Renown Muffaletta. I have never seen a 8"diameter sandwich in my life - thankfully there were three of us. My girlfriend and I both had a quarter with our male friend hording the remaining half.

There is nothing healthy about this sandwich - which if eaten in full packs 2000 calores - or so the internet says. Yummy Olive Salad smothers the bread, then layers of capicola, salami, mortadella, emmentaler, and provolone. Fantastic...way to yummy and messy! There is so much olive oil on this sandwich my lipstick came clear off!

Price:
Can't tell you, sorry, didn't pay

Final thought:
Another must do for New Orleans, but bring three friends with you to help...this sandwich is tremendous!

No comments:

Post a Comment