Friday, January 22, 2010

Square One Burger, Tampa, FL

Date: 01/20/2010
Time: Evening
Type: Restaurant
Where: 3701 N. Henderson Blvd, Tampa, FL 33609
Party: Group - mixed

Immediate Impression:
Pretty cool looking, I like the decor, but where are they expecting to fit a group of 35?

Service:
Our service was okay, but we also had one waitress for the entire group. She did well considering we kept moving around. We had called ahead to let them know we would be a group of 35 beer drinkers, they had not prepared, which caused confusion and split our group between the back room and the bar area.


Menu/Food:
The Fried Dill Pickles are fantastic and plentiful, shared with 4 people. However, I would stick to the more traditional burger selections. Most of my friends did the standard Angus burger Make you own, they were all pleased with the outcome. I decided to stick to my diet, and do a Veggie Burger - boy, was I severely disappointed. My burger was one big pile of mush, when I went to cut it, it spewed (yes, spewed) out of all sides of the bun. The Guacamole topping was tasteless and the tomato was tiny.

If I hadn't gotten so frustrated with the burger, I may have liked the fries - Sweet Potato Fries with cinnamon sugar.

There beer selection is vast, I drank the draft Brooklyn Brown and tried the Bell Oberon. The taps are fresh, but they have a wider selection in bottles.


Price:
A little high for a burger, but not excessive.

Final thought:
I am going to try it again before I give my final yes or no; this time I will stick to the traditional burger and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment