Monday, January 25, 2010

Los Mariachis, Largo, FL

Date: 01/23/2010
Time: Lunch
Type: Restaurant
Where: 9100 Ulmerton Road, Largo, FL
Party: 1 Male, 1 Female

Immediate Impression:
This is a really big place, wonder if it ever gets full. Not a big fan of Mexican, but I'll try it out.

Service:
Great! We had 4 different people come to our table to bring out various aspects of our meals. Everything was really quick and the waiter who took our order was very polite and helpful.

Menu/Food:
Traditional Mexican food; the chips and salsa presented when we sat was great - note: the salsa is more on the hot than mild side, personally I prefer this, but just to warn those who aren't into hot sauce. The menu is vast, with various types of fajitas, a la carte items, and combos. Personally, I ordered the Beef (Burrito, Enchilada and Tamale), my guest ordered Enchilada, Hard Taco and Tostado combination.

The presentation of both dishes was fantastic. Although I thoroughly enjoyed my tamale, which was actually a chicken tamale with ground beef on top, I was not impressed with the Burrito or Enchilda. The burrito only contained meat, and the meat was dry; the enchilada was just a smaller version of the burrito, and equally as dry. However, my guest's Tostada was very good, I especially like the layer of melted cheese before the lettuce. As with my enchilada, the meat was dry, and the Taco we relatively bland, again, caused by the over-cooked spiceless ground beef.

Price:
CHEAP!!!!

Final thought:
I may go back to try the fajitas, which smelled really good, but I am going to stay away from everything else. This is probably a great place for a quick lunch off the a-la-carte menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment