Thursday, February 4, 2010

Grillsmiths, Wesley Chapel, FL

Date: 02/02/10
Time: Late Dinner
Type: Restaurant
Where: Wiregrass Mall, Wesley Chapel, FL
Party: 1 Male, 1 Female

Immediate Impression:
Very sultry; I love the dark woods, dark leather and low light; exudes leisure

Service:
Tad, our waiter, was wonderful! Very attentive, helpful and knowledgeable about the menu and dish contents.

Menu/Food:
My palette is very limited lately, so I ordered the Ahi Tuna Steak with asparagus and mashed cauliflower. Everything was fantastic - especially the asparagus. Although the tuna steak came rolled in sesame seeds, I had to cut this layer off - which was really easy because the searing was done properly. The inside tuna was slightly warm and fresh. As for the mashed cauliflower, this was okay, I would probably stick with Mashed Potatoes - my guest had the Augratin Mashed Potatoes which is worth the extra side!

My guest ordered Stoli Ravioli w/ the fantastic side of Augratin Mashed and Beef Tip Eggroll. OMG - everything tasted yummy and the portions were plentiful - lunch for tomorrow!

Price:
Not cheap - our total bill was under $60 but there were no drinks, and we ate two of the cheaper items on the menu. Expect to spend ~30 per person.

Final thought:
I will definitely go back here - this time to order a steak and a nice bottle of wine. While waiting around I also noticed they have a sunday brunch, which I will have to check out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment