Monday, February 22, 2010

Green Parrot Pub, Tampa, FL

Date: 02/19/10
Time: Late Evening
Type: Bar
Where: 11759 North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33618-3503
Party: large group

Immediate Impression:
Why is their unfinished 1x6's everywhere...it smells like a great big hamster cage/VFW dance hall! I kind felt their should be balloons and streamers somewhere.

Service:
Our server was good, but less then cordial and/or helpful, in her defense, it was pretty busy and as the night wore on became more so.

Menu/Food:
I saw a kitchen, but I am not sure I would eat there. The bar carries the standard domestics and bottles - Guinness in a bottle. Make sure you ask for drink specials.

Price:
Fair. This seems to be a local college bar so they keep their prices

Final thought:
I only went to this bar because my friend's band was playing, not sure I would ever return without some determining factor like that. The sound system is TERRIBLE, which could be because they have a insulated wall separating the stage for the bar. Not the best venue for music, but seems like a good place for Beer Pong.

No comments:

Post a Comment