Monday, February 22, 2010

BJ Brewhouse, Pinellas Park, FL

Date: 02/19/10
Time: Lunch
Type: Restaurant
Where: 3800 Park Blvd., Pinellas Park, FL
Party: 2 females and a 3 month old

Immediate Impression:
Definitely not a good idea to get their exactly at noon! Parking extremely limited, but we were seated very quickly.

Service:
Our server was funny! First thing I notices were her really cool wrist tattoos (reason I am not giving her name); she kept our drinks full and helped when we needed hot water for the baby bottle. For the most part, she checked in on us but let us enjoy our meal w/o too much interruption.

Menu/Food:
Standard Sandwiches, Burgers, Salads, Pasta and Pizza dishes; they are also their own brewery - but it was lunch and I had just walked 2.5 miles - so I ordered their homemade Root Beer, which is YUMMY! For lunch, I had a Medley Salad and a bowl of Minestrone Soup, my guest had their Cobb Salad and a bowl of chili. We split a Spinach/Artichoke dip appetizer.

The salad, after I took off the onions and the red peppers, was, well, just plain salad - but sometimes this is all you need. The minestrone soup was great - although I am always surprised at why people put pasta in it and don't mention it on the menu.

As for my guest, her salad looked HEAPING - and it was allegedly their lunch size portion. I can only imagine how big the regular salad is. The chili bowl was also very big and according to her - filling! She had food to take home for later.

Price:
Honestly, for lunch its a bit pricey, but for dinner reasonable. The Soup Salad combo is reasonable especially if you are able to take some home/back to the office for later.

Final thought:
Next time I go I think I am going to try one of their HUGE potatoes and some of the house beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment