Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Living Room - Dunedin, FL

Date: 04/15/2010
Time: Dinner
Type: Restaurant
Where: 680 Main Street, Dunedin, FL, 34698
Party: large group

Immediate Impression:
This place is tiny but intimate...Cozy and I LOVE the live music on the patio. Oh, happy hour til 7, excuse me as I order...

Service:
TJ the bartender was fantastic!!! Pours the best Slutty Tanqueray Martini I've had in Florida!! The rest of the staff seemed a bit dazed and confused. They also don't know their menu very well - pretty lucky I didn't dive into the cheese plate after confirming nothing I ordered had nuts cause those pecans would have killed me!

Menu/Food:
The food is awesome! All dishes are served Tapas style - I still don't really get the large/small plate, so American - but I digress...everything we ordered was delicious. The Olimpia salad phenomenal - everything tasted market fresh and who doesn't LOVE artichokes. Obviously, I had to forgo the cheese platter, but it was presented really well.

The au gratin potatoes were LUSCIOUS! Seriously! I could eat those all day - sorry hips! Lastly, the ribs were cooked to perfection, with an amazing sweet sauce which made me want to lick the plate (actually if less people were around I probably would have!)


Price: on the high side...but, worth every penny!

Final thought:
Fantastic place for a party or great night out. It isn't a pretentious place - everyone seemed comfortable and the music was a perfect fit. Next time I go I will probably stay at the bar or sit on the patio...I could have spent the entire night there, but probably would have been broke after. Highly recommend, and I will definitely go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment