Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jasmine Thai - Tampa, FL

Date: 03/15/2010
Time: Dinner
Type: Restaurant
Where: 13248 North Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa
Party: 1 female, 1 male

**Note - there are two Tampa locations, not sure if they have the same ownership or menu ***

Immediate Impression:
Smelled a little funky when you first walked in, but the decor seemed to fit the feel, although it seemed slightly warn-out.

Service:
Our hostess was also our server; she stayed on top of our table until the end - someone else boxed our food and took our check. It wasn't fantastic but it wasn't terrible.

Menu/Food:
Standard Thai fare - lots of peanut and shellfish stuff, so it was difficult to order. I started with their Vegetable Curd Soup - which honestly was off the hook fabulous (wish I could have had a bigger bowl). Only down side, set my expectations too high for the main course!

I love hot and spicy food - seriously, I tend to put Tabasco sauce in everything. My main course - Garlic Chicken and Rice - even with the addition of extra hot sauce was still horrifically bland, even the Jasmine Rice side was easily forgettable.

Price:
Menu prices were fair for the area and the volume of food - SOUP well worth it, entree not so much.


Final thought:
I will definitely go back for more soup, but will probably take it to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment