Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time for a change

It't time for a change...as a Crohn's Disease sufferer and one who has multiple food allergies, I realized my blog is just not good enough.

Its not enough for me to simply rant/rave about the service, food quality, decor, etc; I owed it to people like me to help them make informed decisions; especially if my experience could help others feel comfortable or save them from pain/angst.

It is not easy being the odd person out at the restaurant - the one who has to constantly ask about the ingredients, ask for substitutions and carry Benedryl - just in case! It can be humiliating, awkward, and in my case, even life threatening.

So, from now on, I am going to add another section which concentrates on possible allergens and things to be aware of. Hopefully this will better assist you - my followers - and those you know and love when ordering at the restaurants on my blog.

I may even come up with some sort of grading system for those restaurants who go out of their way to please their patrons.

Good eating everyone!

Ingrid

No comments:

Post a Comment